This room feels like it is taking years to put together…mostly because of the scrapping and sanding of the original window trim. Hoping the windows will be the crowning jewel of this room. The good news is, I did get all the walls painted in Gray Owl by Benjamin Moore and the floors have been sanded and prepped for new stain. We are making small strides. If all goes well we should be able to wrap up this project just before the new sectional arrives…I have my fingers crossed!
I figured it was about time that I put an idea board together for this room so I can start putting all the colors and textures together. I not a big planner usually but it’s time for change. I want to buy items with a purpose no justt because they are on sale. That being said, here is what I came up with for the living room design.
1, The color palette for the room is a soft relaxing gray, I decided on Gray Owl by Benjamin Moore. This will keep my small living room looking bright and spacious. Plus by keeping all the trim bright white the room does take on a beautiful classy look.
2. I need away to bring in some complimentary colors with the gray tones in the room. A area rug is the prefect way to do this. By keep the background light, the busy pattern takes on a more classic look and doesn’t darken the room. I do love the pattern on this rug.
3. The sectional I order from England is smaller in size with a lower back. I choose Caprice Gray in a durable texture for the fabric. I can’t wait until it arrives, only a few more weeks!
4. I already own these lamps. The substantial bases in a white washed finish make a bold statement in the small living room plus they give off a great glow!
5. I need to add a little “bling” to this room and some brass light fixtures are the prefect way to do it. I’m hoping they will add a nice glow to our built-in bookcases. Plus they look nice and they serve a great function!
6. We already have built in bookcases in our living room but they need some revamping. The main issue is the lack of concealed storage space for electronics. I want to keep all the receivers and wires hidden. It makes the room feel less cluttered to have the electronics tucked away.
7. Still torn on the end tables but I think the glass and metal may be a good look for this room. This nesting tables from Pottery Barn are prefect. The size is good and they have an awesome finish on the metal.
So there you have it. My first planning attempt! Now back to window scrapping and painting…yippy.